CREDIT: Lance Seeto an award-winning international food & travel writer, author, television presenter and professional chef, based on Mana Island, Fiji.
Serves 4 people
Picture Credit: Betty Crocker
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and diced into cubes
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups homemade chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons normal or rice flour, sifted
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 bacon slices crisp cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 green spring onions, thinly sliced
HOW TO MAKE IT:
1. Heat the oil in pot or large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes. Add the broth and the potatoes. Bring to a simmer.
2. Cook the potatoes in the stock, covered, until they are fork tender, about 15 minutes.
3. Combine the flour and the liquid milk in a separate pot. Bring to a simmer, whisking often, being careful to not let the coconut milk boil over. Cook for 1 minute.
4. In the meantime, mash the potatoes with a fork or masher, and slowly add the milk mixture while still simmering. For a smoother texture, use a hand blender to blend the soup.
5. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream, salt, and pepper.
6. Ladle the soup into four bowls and top with the bacon, cheese, and green onions.
Interestingly great recipe for soup. I will surely try this out 🙂 enjoy!!