WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 lemon
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C. Grease a 9×13 inch pan.
- To make crust: In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter, 2 cups of the flour, and confectioners’ sugar until fluffy. Scrape mixture into the pan and smooth. Bake 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs and sugar. Grate the rind of the lemon and add the rind, along with 6 tablespoons of lemon juice, to the egg mixture. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of flour and the baking powder over the mixture. Fold in the nuts and mix until well blended. Pour the lemon mixture into the crust.
- Bake for another 35 minutes, until filling is set. Let cool before cutting.
great dessert to try out over the weekend. enjoy!